Despite the name, a t-shirt bra is not only for wearing under t-shirts. The reason they take this name is that they’re the best bra for staying discreet beneath even the tightest of t-shirts. However, because of their subtle approach, a t-shirt bra is great for pairing with a range of outfits, especially for when you want a smooth, inconspicuous appearance for your bust or a comfortable option for a day out.
What is a t-shirt bra?
T-shirt bras make the most of a seamless cup design to provide you with a well-rounded yet light appearance. They’re extremely versatile and perfect for wearing beneath even the most form-hugging of outfits. Most often they come with light padding or moulded cups, however, this is not always the case. There are options for push-up and plunge t-shirt bras, or more simple and modest designs, giving you options for a range of outfits.
How does a t-shirt bra fit?
The main benefit of a t-shirt bra is the seamless design which ensures your bust does not appear bulky or obvious. Typically coming with a light amount of padding or moulded cups, they contour around your bust and provide high levels of comfort. If you have clothing which often shows the outline of your bra, you should invest in a t-shirt bra as they’re designed to be almost invisible and will remain so even under the tightest of clothes.
Who should wear a t-shirt bra?
A t-shirt bra is a wardrobe must-have for every woman. They’re designed to fit all body shapes, regardless of your cup or chest size and are often extra comfy! Because of their versatility, they work great as an every-day option. For mornings where you’re in a rush or aren’t sure about the best kind of bra for your outfit choice, a t-shirt bra is a no-brainer.
The term t-shirt bra refers to how the bra is made, rather than specific features or levels of support. This means they can come in a range of styles with plenty of other features. If in the past you’ve not found a t-shirt bra that suits your taste or needs, advances in fabric technology and bra-making will mean there’s a t-shirt bra out there waiting for you.
What are the best types of t-shirt bra?
T-Shirt bras are available for all bust sizes and body shapes. But not every t-shirt bra does the same thing, so you may need to consider what extra features you need before you choose one. We’ve put together a quick guide of some of the most popular options.
- T Shirt Bra without Underwire: Most suited to those with smaller cup sizes, this is a super-comfy, smooth t-shirt bra that is great for giving you the comfort you need every day without appearing too obvious beneath your top.
- T Shirt Bra without Padding: A t-shirt bra without padding is great for those who don’t want to add any size to the appearance of their bust. What’s more, they often come with a very thin layer of foam in place of padding which will give you the shape you need without adding bulk. The foam can also help to prevent any nipple show-through – an important feature if you’re wearing a tight top.
- T Shirt Bra with Wide Straps: For those with full figures, a t shirt bra with wide straps can give you the support of more structured bras, all the while remaining discreet and subtle beneath your outfit.
- T Shirt Bra with Side Support: A T-shirt bra with side support uses side panelling to give you enhanced hold and lift. With the extra support side panelling adds to what you get from the bottom of the bra, even the heaviest of busts can stay modest and smooth.
- Push Up T Shirt Bra: If you need a little lift or push, especially if you have smaller cup sizes, a push up t shirt bra can give you the shape you need without ever showing beneath your outfit.
For women of all sizes, there’s no need to put up with underwear lines showing through a t-shirt or tight dress. A t-shirt bra will give you all the support you need in a smooth, well-rounded style, great for the regular, day-to-day bra or occasions where you don’t want a dramatic bra.
In addition to the wide variety of features that come with t shirt bras, there’s also a range of designs and colours. A white t shirt bra is great for pairing with a white shirt or a lightly coloured t-shirt. For darker outfits, a black or red t-shirt bra may suit best. For the ultimate in comfort, choose a cotton t-shirt bra. Whatever you choose, your t-shirt bra will become a staple part of your underwear drawer, ready for nearly all occasions.
For any more information regarding our range of t-shirt bras, contact our team on 01793 487100.