Bridal lingerie for your big day
Your wedding is the best and one of the most important days of your life.
Your wedding underwear is arguably just as important as the dress, providing a comfortable foundation that flaunts your figure in the best way possible. Depending on your style of dress and plans for the day, there are plenty of bridal lingerie styles to suit your needs. The right underwear can have you feeling confident and looking your best, so you can enjoy the day from waking up to going to bed. And afterwards, there’s the honeymoon lingerie to enjoy!
What are the different types of bridal lingerie?
Just like regular lingerie, wedding lingerie comes in various styles.
- Bridal briefs come in different shapes depending on your needs and the style of your dress. A bridal thong would work best under a form-fitting, slinky dress, leaving no VPL. If you want to make your figure appear more streamlined under a fitted dress, high waisted briefs can suck your tummy in and flatten any bumps. Regular or Brazilian briefs can make you feel sexy and prepared under a princess or A-line bridal gown.
- Bridal bras are super important as they shape and sculpt your bosom to ensure the dress fits perfectly. For strapless dresses, a multiway bra is the perfect solution with detachable straps, especially for those with a fuller bust. A plunge bra can boost even the smallest of boobs and give you that sexy silhouette you wish to achieve in your wedding dress.
- A bridal corset is the ultimate way to give yourself a tiny waist and really make a statement with your dress. Corsets and basques have boning in them to create the illusion of a smaller waist while not squashing down your boobs or hips. If you’re tummy conscious, a bridal corset can make you feel secure and flatter your figure.
- Bridal suspenders are a brilliant idea if you plan on wearing stockings on the day. While tights can make you feel hot and uncomfortable, a suspender belt will allow you to wear the knickers you want but still keep your stockings up. A suspender would also make a great addition to wedding night wear if you fancy ending the day in style.
- Bridal nightwear is another important aspect to your day. You can wear a bridal nightwear set the night before your big day to get you in the mood and get ready in style. And the day doesn’t end when everyone leaves the party – for you the rest of the night is in store! A bridal teddy is a comfortable yet seductive garment to end the day perfectly.
- Garters are a frilly or lacy band worn around the thigh. Wearing a garter is a tradition that goes back centuries. But, whether you choose to throw your garter during the reception or keep it on for your new spouse, a garter can complete your outfit, even if it’s just to fulfil the ‘something blue’ part!
What’s the difference between regular lingerie and bridal lingerie?
While you can wear regular lingerie for your wedding, bridal lingerie has been specially designed and created with brides in mind.
Wedding day and night lingerie is usually made from white or ivory fabric to go unnoticed under your bridal gown. It is also made from delicate fabrics so as not to give VPL and to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the day. One of the best qualities of bridal underwear is that it works to shape your figure so that you look your best both in and out of your dress. Get the foundation right and the outfit looks a million times better. And this is no more important than on the most special day of your life.
Important tips for wedding underwear
There are a few things you should always consider when buying bridal lingerie:
- It’s a good idea to wear some form of bridal lingerie when going to try on dresses, even if it’s just bridal knickers. This will ensure that you get the full effect of the dress and will help you visualise what you’ll look like on the big day.
- Don’t size down on items like high waisted briefs. Choosing a smaller size won’t pull your tummy in any more – in fact, it will give you lumps and bumps around the edges that you probably didn’t have in the first place!
- Make sure you try it on with the dress before wedding day. There’s nothing worse than feeling unprepared for a big event and you want to make sure you feel your best.
- Keep it for the honeymoon. If you’ve splashed out on gorgeous lingerie for the big day, why not wear it again and recreate the wedding night on your honeymoon?
- The most important thing is to wear what makes you comfortable. If you don’t feel great in suspenders or a corset, don’t wear one! Stick to what makes you happy and enjoy your day!
Our free delivery and 30-day guarantee with free returns policy means you can order a few items and send back the ones that don’t fit your brief without the hassle.
For more information, call our helpful sales team on 01793 487100.