Beautiful shapewear for all figures
Shapewear is designed to control and shape your figure, giving you a more streamlined or hourglass silhouette.
Body shaping underwear comes in all different styles, whether you want to flatten your tummy, nip in your waist or trim your thighs. It’s particularly useful for wearing underneath bodycon dresses or other tight-fitting clothing as it leaves no visible panty line. Our selection has something for every need from a range of reputable lingerie brands.
What are the different types of shapewear?
Shapewear for women comes in lots of different styles to give different effects.
- Control briefs and knickers are usually high waisted and work to suck in your tummy, hips and bum while making your waist look slimmer. They now come in beautiful, sexy designs, meaning you won’t be caught in any embarrassing Bridget Jones moments!
- Thigh slimmer briefs work in the same way but are a shorts shape meaning they give the same control to your thighs, too.
- Body shaper suits or ‘bodybriefers’ are a leotard shape which offer support to your whole torso and hook around your shoulders to prevent slipping or rolling down. They come under your bra so as not to squash your bust. This means you can wear a bra that fits you perfectly underneath.
- Control slips create the perfect foundation to wear underneath a figure hugging dress or skirt and minimise the appearance of any lumps or bumps.
- A waist shaper is like a modern-day version of a corset. They pull your waist in to create a gorgeous hourglass figure without uncomfortable boning. A girdle is similar but focuses on the whole tummy area.
- Control tops do exactly what you’d imagine and smooth out any areas you’re not 100% confident in from your neck to your hips.
- Shapewear leggings give your legs a slimmer, smoother appearance and can be worn as trousers.
How does shapewear work?
Shapewear works by using specialist fabrics such as elastane, power mesh, polamide and spandex to create garments that sculpt and airbrush your figure.
Some of the items like waist trimmers are constructed with panels sewn together to give the appearance of a corset without the restriction or discomfort. Control knickers and body shapers for women can also help to define your waist and create a more distinct shape for your silhouette. Shapewear can come seam free or with flat, discreet seams to reduce any risk of VPL. This is especially useful when worn under figure hugging clothing. It can be frustrating having a beautiful dress, skirt or pair of trousers on to have it ruined by the appearance of underwear digging in or the outline of your knickers showing.
One of the most important things to remember when buying shapewear is to choose the right size for you. Many women make the mistake of buying control underwear in a size too small as they think it will pull them in more. However, it causes discomfort and digs in at the edges, creating more lumps and bumps than you had in the first place! It shouldn’t roll down, pinch your skin or make you feel like you can’t breathe. If this is the case, you’ll probably benefit from sizing up. The best shapewear feels supportive, comfortable and gives you the confidence you need to wear the clothes of your dreams.
Which shapewear is the best for you?
Your shapewear choice will depend mostly on the style of garment you want to wear.
Shapewear generally comes in discreet and neutral colours like black, nude and white to complement most clothing choices and sit underneath your outfit unnoticed.
Our 30-day guarantee means you can swap and change your shapewear if you’re not happy with the purchase. We recommend ordering a few sizes to ensure you find the one that fits you best. We also offer free delivery.
Talk to one of our helpful sales team about shapewear today by calling 01793 487100.